Journalist Pete O’Rourke has claimed that Daniel Levy is set to accept Conte’s demands ahead of a proposed new deal.
There has been a lot said and written about Conte’s future in recent months, which is not surprising given that the Spurs manager’s current contract expires next summer.
The Athletic’s Jack Pitt-Brooke previously reported that talks resumed last Monday, and the Spurs hierarchy is convinced that the former Chelsea manager will sign a new contract.
It was reported that the negotiations focused not only on the salary and he length of the contract, but also on the club’s plans for January. Conte was ‘especially keen to know’ and wanted assurances from Levy that the club’s ambitions are aligned with his.
And O’Rourke has now claimed that further investments are key to the negotiations and that the club are said to promise Conte that. He lists down the three main promises the club are ready to make to the manager including availability of funds, ambition to challenge for silverware’ and challenging the rival clubs for big signings.
He told This is Futbol:
“So I think the main promise will be that funds will be made available and that Spurs will be challenging for silverware and challenging all the rival clubs for the big signatures that are out there in January and next summer.”
Spurs spent around £120 million on a slew of players in the summer to help Conte improve his squad and challenge for the top four as well as a silverware.
However, Conte has claimed previously that he needs further investment over the next couple of transfer windows in order to get the squad that he desires.
If the above reports are true, a new deal should be agreed upon soon.