Home » Journalist believes £63m ace could play for Tottenham next season

Journalist believes £63m ace could play for Tottenham next season

By Saikat -

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tanguy Ndombele is currently unknown at the Italian club Napoli.

The 26-year-old was hoping to get his career back on track when he moved to Naples on a loan deal but things have clearly not gone according to plan for him.

The French midfielder has struggled to hold down a regular starting berth under Luciano Spalletti and he has been a squad player for the Italian outfit.

Napoli have been in outstanding form this season and they are currently at the top of the league table. They will be hoping to win the Scudetto in the coming months and journalist Ciro Venerato has revealed that the Italians will retain most of their current squad next season but some of the players are likely to be on their way out because of economic reasons and personal career ambitions.

It appears that Napoli have the option to sign the Tottenham midfielder permanently for a fee of around £30m but they do not plan to exercise the option.

Ndombele would have to improve his performance levels drastically in order to convince the Italian club to sign him permanently.

Venerato believes that the Frenchman is likely to return to Tottenham next season.

The journalist told 1 Station Radio (as relayed by Forza Azzurri): “Napoli are evaluating some players. 90% of the squad will stay. The remaining 10% could say goodbye, purely between economic reasons and personal career ambitions.

“If Ndombele doesn’t show a far better end of the season, I don’t believe he will be kept by the club.

“Even the fact that they are watching Frattesi makes me think. To date, therefore, I don’t think Napoli intend to keep the Frenchman. Naturally, should there be improvements, it’s not excluded that there are some evolutions (in the situation).”

The midfielder joined Tottenham in a deal worth around £63m including add-ons but he has failed to justify the outlay over the years. He was regarded as a world-class talent at French club Lyon but the midfielder has never quite adapted to English football and he has failed to showcase his qualities in the Premier League.

A return to Tottenham might not be beneficial for him next season and it remains to be seen whether the Londoners are prepared to cash in on him.

Tags Napoli NewsNow Tanguy Ndombele Tottenham Hotspur
Follow Us
Latest Newsletter Posts