Date: 7th March 2018 at 9:48pm
Written by:

Get it out of your system here.

In the morning I’ll be providing an un-sugared analysis.

Comments
  • Aside from cerebrospinal fluid, what's on your mind?

• PlayitagainSamways March 8, 2018 at 7:52 am

My only gripe is that they kicked Sonny off the park. They nullified Kane, Eriksenand Mouse excellently but they didnt have a tactical plan for Son so their clever, experienced complete cunt bastards kicked and stamped him out of the game. The stamp on son needs to be reviewed, if it was by Ali or anyother english player Uefa would be all over it.

Juventus wont win the champions league, that team has been together for 5-6 years, they are a huge club and they havent won it. Plucky teams like Spurs will never win it.

• Accy March 8, 2018 at 7:30 am

Scientist: “My findings are meaningless if taken out of context.”

Media: SCIENTIST CLAIMS ‘FINDINGS ARE MEANINGLESS.’
    ————————–

“Mauricio Pochettino ‘disappointed’ with Tottenham performance:”

• OrganicPaper March 8, 2018 at 7:13 am

Grrr. Should have seen that game out. Juve showed their class for about 30 minutes over the 2 legs and scored 4 goals. We dominated the other 150 mins but we were not clinical enough.
    I’m so disappointed but in the cold light of the morning after I’m not feeling any Ill will against our boys or Poch.
    I’m quite sure certain people rip into the gaffer and our players but it’s not really necessary. We outplayed Juve FFS we just didn’t get the result. They are a wiley outfit, they used every trick to run the clock down and break up the play. Juve are a massive club who competes year in year out at the very top. We are guilty of being naive for sure. But that kind of learning comes from experience that we just dont have yet.
    But we will have it. We will qualify again and we will progress further and we will build on this experience.

Now is not the time to feel sorry for ourselvs or to slate the team.
    We had a great run, had some amazing performances. Celebrate it and move on

• Real Fan? March 8, 2018 at 7:13 am

Sniper
    I’m sure I am not the only one that thought, when we were 1-0 up, that it wasn’t anywhere near over.

No you weren’t the only one. Allowing Dybala to stroll through the middle of our defence for the second was criminally negligent and naive.

So we gifted them 1 goal and missed 2 clear chances ourselves. That is the story of this leg. Game Over.

• baz March 8, 2018 at 7:19 am

Our creative players are a tad shy of the mark. Hence the reason why we purchased them practically unopposed. Whenever we have situations like 3 on 2 counter attacks how often do we finish them.

• Real Fan? March 8, 2018 at 7:21 am

Put another way. In the second half, we needed to defend robustly for 45 mins whilst providing a threat on the break. We didn’t manage it for 15 mins.

• OrganicPaper March 8, 2018 at 7:32 am

As much as I dislike the cheating thug, Chiellini was outstanding and IMO probably the resaon they won the tie

• Real Fan? March 8, 2018 at 8:05 am

He really stood out on the night, I agree.

• Gus March 8, 2018 at 6:19 am

Got the game running on my recorder. It’s self harm time

• baz March 8, 2018 at 7:20 am

Don’t do it

• Gus March 8, 2018 at 7:46 am

Just before half-time and we’re up yay!!!!!

• Paul Waugh March 8, 2018 at 5:31 am

Juve were there for the taking,sonny had a great impact on the game reason being coz he was direct and fast,if moura had been on the right juve would of been in a world of shit,but poch still plays delle who is good but not wat we needed tonight,also trips is a good player but suspect at rb wen it’s a 4 so 3 at the back with trips and either rosey or Ben at left with vic and Dembele in the mid perfecto,so that’s 3-4-3 chapios,defence would b super jan sancez and dier then up top sonny Lucas and Kane,hindsight hey coys

• Paul Waugh March 8, 2018 at 4:54 am

Am I the only one who thinks poch has taken us as far as his ability????we have fantastic players who can win games but also trophies,I am constantly puzzled by his tactics and lack of obvious substitutions when we clearly need to switch things about,spurs are on the up big time but with poch at the helm I don’t think we will progress,he’s a good coach but spurs need a world class coach now a winner,been a yid all my life so 33 years we are so close to achieving something and I mean something special but I believe we need a better coach who can take us that next step and that step is winning pots and winning games we should win coys🐓
    ⚽️

• OrganicPaper March 8, 2018 at 7:30 am

You are constantly puzzled by the tactics of the coach who has put a rocket under our team and achieved year on year our best PL placing, followed this year by our best CL performances…?
      Yea Poch Out!FFS

• SpursSince67 March 8, 2018 at 7:49 am

Nope, the bald truth is Poch has taken us as far as he can…sure it’s been a great ride but until Levy spends hard and gets Euro savvy players and a Manager who has a proven track record in the CL we can expect the Groundhog Day scenario for as long as…it’s pretty fucking obvious. Those fuckwit tabloid media idiots going on about Pooch being eyed up by Real Madrid I mean come on, no chance whatsoever, they know he’s clueless at this level, nice guy, but he’s a ways short of where he needs to be at this point. One thing I can say he sure as heck better bring that FA Cup home now after messing about with it so far…

• OrganicPaper March 8, 2018 at 7:53 am

So your seriously saying we should sack the manager…..!?
          I just cant comprehend that opinion but there you go, we all have our own take on things. I certainly dont agree though

• SpursSince67 March 8, 2018 at 11:56 am

If the principle goal is ultimate CL glory, or even FFS the PL, then sadly yes this is an obvious decision, as I’ve yet to see a shrewd of evidence that Pooch is the man to achieve it. Look I’ve loved this team for over 50 years and my 13 has since about 5 and we’ve loved going to Wembley a couple times this year, and it’s true, it’s never been a better time to be a Spurs fan, but I’m not blind to what seems to be obvious…last night also we needed a proper Captain in middle of the pitch screaming at Pooch to do something after they levelled…why did Pooch wait for Allegri to blink first ? If he’d of had the tactical nous and balls to switch Dier & Alli (oh, the precious dynamic duo…) for Wanyama and Moura before Algeri I think we wouldn’t be haven’t this conversation…but to conclude, if you are happy with the Groundhog Day scene ( and let’s be honest, a lot of us would be that have history…) then for sure, keep Pooch…the thing is how are the key players going to react and how do we attract the talent to move on, just saying…

• Scrappy do March 8, 2018 at 4:53 am

Everyone saying these disappointments build a club, like it’s not another year gone. Players older and possibly gone, how long have you waited? This seems like it could have been the best chance to achieve something spectacular. Now to change our focus and complete the season. It does feel weird to moan about champion league football instead of pissing on about Europa league. And we move on, COYS!!

• Gus March 8, 2018 at 4:53 am

Time to refocus on trying to get to Wembley for the FAC and stay in the top four so we can have another tilt at UCL next season at The Cheese Room ™

• Scrappy do March 8, 2018 at 4:47 am

Am I the only one wondering what lloris was doing. Another high profile game and he stops 1 of 3 shots. We only gave up 3 shots!!!

• Gus March 8, 2018 at 4:38 am

Sexy Beast
    For most of the team this was our first champions league knockout game and it showed ☹️

Sometimes you have to lose a big game before you learn how to win a big game. Players and manager combined. Losing by a goal on aggregate is disappointing but no shame

• Willie! March 8, 2018 at 3:52 am

Missed too many chances.
    No time to sulk, get on with it and keep working.

• ronwol196061🇨🇦 March 8, 2018 at 2:18 am

It wasnt a disaster it was a disappointment.
    It was a missed opportunity.
    Poch is a giod manager but limited but the best we can expect
    He wasnt clever enough to make the right choices but he is the best we can expect
    But it was a wasted chance.

• Gus March 8, 2018 at 4:35 am

Was it the QF when Arry’s spurs got thrashed by RM? We aren’t the final article and got outsmarted by an opponent very experienced in the art of finals football

• Legoverlass March 8, 2018 at 2:05 am

Another season of what may have been. Another season out of the careers of players. How long will they stick with the “project” that always promises jam tomorrow. I fear not much longer and with a World Cip shop window on the horizon I suspect many of our top players and their agents will question the wisdom of staying part of yet another false dawn. Walker left and tripled his wages, has already won the League Cup and is odds on for a Title medal and maybe CL winners medal in one season… will they be thinking that could be me

• melcyid March 8, 2018 at 1:27 am

juventus played exactly how I expected them to play.they are italians and I have known them to play like this since I was 17 years old,cynical and dirty cheats with a smattering of thuggery. and win by any means neccessary.How comes our professional manager and players dont know this and work out how to overcome this.We would never win by playing our normal game and we dont have gamesmanship to compete at their dark level. it calls for different tactics to beat them and poch hasnt got the bravery to try them and the players play the system.Son run at them bless his heart and thy tried to kill him.Moura should have been brought on to do the same /they would have had no time to attack us. we will never know now gutted,it is always our niavety that lets us down.Llorente was never the answer to this crowd/Dele understood what he was up against and used their ways to draw fouls and yellows out of them,he was gutted to be taken off. Moura was quick to console him.Am badly sulking now

• Sexy Beast March 8, 2018 at 12:36 am

We’ve got a team enough to compete they just need to acquire the know how to do it.

• Dan March 8, 2018 at 12:37 am

Agree . Just keep the group together

• Horndog 🇺🇸 March 8, 2018 at 12:39 am

Yep, experience was the difference. .. and Chiellini and the insertion of Lichtsteiner

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 1:05 am

I would have thought Poch would pass down all his tricks. He must have seen a few.

• Sexy Beast March 8, 2018 at 12:33 am

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:37 am

Yes, this feels like my first experience of CL heartbreak. I hope I get over this soon.

• marsinho March 8, 2018 at 12:43 am

many of us i imagine have gone through this before one time or another been spurs fans we hevn’t had it or done things the easy way, last time i felt this way was when ray picked the ball out of the net after ronny fucking wheelan got he’s peg on a loose ball after we were 2-3 minutes from the end from lifting the milk cup but got over it soon and ever looked back so i’m sure the’l be worse moments to endure as spurs fans.

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 1:01 am

Cheers Marsinho. As r Andy said earlier it’s the hope that kills. First taster for me ‘87 cup final. The 90’s definitely hardened and madeth the man. I think we were so poor at times i think the pain became more bearable as it became expected . Same for the CL against Madrid, I expected that. This time felt different, we stood a great chance and to be undone in that way, couple of naive lapses is all it took. Kane and Son should given us a couple more goals and we’d have been out of sight but they are experienced brethrens, these guys have been playing like this at school. They are a really tough and wise team and we have them a good go. As Taff said earlier, these are the experiences needed to gain the experience of which we had none. Anyways life as a Spurs fan has never been easy, but isn’t that one of the big reasons we fuckin love ‘em !

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 1:02 am

*QF against Madrid of course

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 1:09 am

I feel better in the knowledge that there’s worse to come 😉 My Utd supporting brother tried to cheer me up earlier by saying it could be worse, we could have Mourinho as a manager. Haha they’ve been spoilt, he’s a downgrade after Alex.

• SeattleSpursGuy March 8, 2018 at 12:27 am

Just got home and settling in to watch. I expect that I will not be delighted. I also don’t think I’ll be ashamed.

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:31 am

Just have a glass of bitter disappointment standing by for afterwards

• Dan March 8, 2018 at 12:23 am

Over 180 mins of the two legs we were dog shit for 20mins and conceded 4 . It’s harsh because we were probably the better team but how many times can we keep saying that when it comes to matches that actually define a season.

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:26 am

Lack of leadership is the culprit for me. It keeps coming back and biting us on the arse, time and time again…

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:21 am

Alright that’s enough for me, not over it ‘..but hey man it’s a process ya know’
    Everyone be safe and healthy, tomorrow’s another day on this mental spinning ball

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:30 am

Ciao Paulinho.

• StuSpur March 8, 2018 at 12:17 am

Cunt, fuck, wank, shit, twat, arse and cunt…. nope, still not feeling better

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:21 am

Welcome to being a Spurs supporter.

It gets easier after 50 years…

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:27 am

You said cunt twice!!

• Dan March 8, 2018 at 12:14 am

Need to give the Cherrys a good hiding this weekend to shut the talk of mental weakness up

• Dessyspur March 8, 2018 at 12:14 am

I’m having a major strop

• Horndog March 8, 2018 at 12:11 am

Disappointed. of course. Hysterical, no.

• Nick March 8, 2018 at 12:11 am

🍻

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:14 am

The power of Xanax :’)

• Nick March 8, 2018 at 12:10 am

As the gooners cry on call in shows,spoilt by the 21 years Wenger has given them,fickle fans deluded to think that anyone else could achieve more with their club.We are in danger of becoming the same pathetic pricks that “fam””fuck”& “blud” on fan tv.we had Tim Sherwood in charge ffs

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:20 am

At least we gave the Gooners something else to scorn tonight.

I just hope AC Milan tear them a new one

• Nick March 8, 2018 at 12:03 am

Can anyone tell me who played poorly? If I was pushed I’d say Lloris didn’t step up but that’s very harsh. I think they all did exactly as they were told but two made very costly mistakes.Great cup run,loved being at Wembley for beating Real Madrid & very proud of the team

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:05 am

Dier disappointed me. Gave the ball away, poor timing of tackles.

Dele Alli was nowhere to be seen against expectations.

The full-backs didn’t cover themselves in glory defensively or as an attacking threat.

But then again, the opposition does affect these things!

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:12 am

Lack of leadership too…

• Nick March 8, 2018 at 12:14 am

Opinion I know but Dier was solid until he succumbed to injury,Dele occupies defences creating space for other,neither great but neither poor me thinks

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:07 am

In context i don’t think anyone played ‘poorly’ and the effort and commitment was there for all to see but tonight shone a spotlight on certain limitations

• IrishSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:16 am

Thats it paul – i know tomorrow hh will give it to our full backs and the flicks of dele – we tried our best and its not yet gud enuf – proud of my team – best years ever being a spurs supporter – i live in n ireland where everyone supports utd or liverpool – now we r up there – but again baby steps – fa cup shud be our priority

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:19 am

Reasoned comments which I share entirely. Same as criticism of Poch. Look at his record compared to all before him and his stats speak for themselves.

I am as desperate as the next man for a bit of silverware and think we are closer today than we have been for many moons

• Dan March 8, 2018 at 12:09 am

I agree but if I had to pick I’d say dele , the expectation is that he scores goals ( 13 games now without i believe) or creates , he did neither .

• Dan March 8, 2018 at 12:11 am

I’m not knocking his effort or commitment tonight, I just think it’s come to a point where we have a player better suited to that particular position and dele isn’t delivering

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:14 am

To be fair to him he caused Juve a lot of problems tonight with his movement and overall was important with Kane being so tightly marked by a top quality defender. I’m happy that Dele played his part, he is what he is.

• Nick March 8, 2018 at 12:15 am

👍

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:17 am

I thought that both Sonny and Harry were a handful tonight. Dele just didn’t appear involved. But I watched it on telly and you don’t always see what is happening off the ball and away from the direct play.

• Nick March 8, 2018 at 12:21 am

They kicked the granny out of dele & didn’t get a rise.he is maturing & imo will regain his form,he just thinks differently & will bring that to the party,good or bad

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:33 am

Yep, even before the game Juve planned to wind him up. The tried to get him to react, this may have been an important game for his development. He dealt with it better than I would have imagined…

• Sexy Beast March 8, 2018 at 12:22 am

You gotta factor in the opposition dan, they got real pedigree in this competition and it showed tonight.
        We froze badly, up in the gods tonight and it is hard to really get a read on what’s happening in the game so far away. We seemed to sit off them a bit first half and they hardly troubled us. Then it looked like we pressed them more second half and they were much more of a threat. Any help on this?

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:30 am

I thought Juve were the only ones that played poorly. They just had a few some experienced broad shoulders at key moments.

We didn’t, simple as that…

• Dan March 8, 2018 at 12:35 am

That’s the frustrating thing .

• East Stand March 7, 2018 at 11:55 pm

We were the better side, they fouled all game long it was just he two quick goals and their experience and quality in one moment in the game.

We didn’t deserve to go out, everyone played well and also put in the required shift.

Our remaining problem is a lack of leaders out on the pitch, you need that to win these kinds of games.

Any full on trashing of our players after this game is the reaction of a child.

I was there, so I know…

• Nick March 7, 2018 at 11:57 pm

👏👏👏👍

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:02 am

Wooop Wooop Wooooop. Go Easty Go Easty ! Man you make a lot of sense at times.

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:03 am

II haven’t seen any full on trashing Easty but there’s been plenty of pointing out certain players limitations. Don’t think any right minded person could fault our effort or commitment but tonight was a huge disappointment (again) so some venting is to be expected.

Question; seemed from the coverage in the five minutes before their goal the atmosphere went completely flat, got really nervy, was that how it was on your end?

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:03 am

Guilty conscience Paul .

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:05 am

Nope, i stand by every word i’ve written on here tonight

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:07 am

Ah so you have been trash talking ‘ave ya ?

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:08 am

Jive talking more like

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:08 am

I’m only messing with ya Paulinho

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:09 am

Hmmm Pauhlino, i like it, could be a new moniker maybe, but better check if there’s ever been any really shite players with that name, oh hold on..

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:10 am

He plays for the 2nd best club team on the planet. He wasn’t cut out for the best.

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:11 am

Also Brazil, yeah you know!

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:11 am

Definition of horses for courses..

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:14 am

Indeed. Shetland pony for us, a wild stallion for Barca. Could have been great with us under Poch.

• Dessyspur March 8, 2018 at 12:18 am

Yes we definitely went flat and switched off just for those 4 fecking minutes, big shame

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:22 am

Obviously them scoring the first made us less loud and their lot more loud for a bread moment (“thees ees football”) but there was only 3 mins between the goals.

The crowd were fine, just shell shocked for a brief moment, the team needed to be more mature at that moment. Perhaps Toby’s older head may have helped but otherwise Sanchez was great.

Lack of leadership for me, nothing to do with the crowd…

• IrishSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:06 am

We were the better side east stand but were beat from experience and the bench – these teams know how to win – we will get that if we stay together but champs league is not us yet

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:23 am

All of that is true Irish.

• Gus March 8, 2018 at 12:07 am

Their experience told in the end. Been there done that does matter

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:11 am

We haven’t yet mastered the art of winning ugly

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:17 am

We haven’t mastered the art of winning anything, ugly or otherwise.

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:24 am

2018 DOES have a ‘1’ in it…

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:23 am

This.

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:23 am

To Gus.

• Simon Ewing March 8, 2018 at 12:45 am

Indeed.

• Nick March 7, 2018 at 11:49 pm

I know it stings but Chiellini is spot on when he says it’s our history to fail & theirs to win in situations like tonight.they haven’t been in so many finals for little reason.Even when domestically they have struggled in the CL they progress.We are now at the stage in our evolution that we need to incorporate either proven world class or better still proven winners with pedigree & nouse.We are the best we have been for 20 plus years but still not good enough.The trouble is that the experience gained from this will be lost with player sales or loss of the manager.
    For those that blame poch have to realise he is learning along with the team.would you swap him for mourinho? Allegri? Pep? I wouldn’t

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:50 pm

Did he actually say that Nick?

I’d consider Pep strongly

• Nick March 7, 2018 at 11:57 pm

He did.He said they knew we were weak in defence & fragile mentally too

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:59 pm

Ugh

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:37 am

I wouldn’t say we were weak defensively but then again we don’t sit most of the team behind ball like them, if that’s what he means?

Mentally we lost focus for a key moment so he’s right on that score, they have several leaders. I don’t see any in our team, Kane one day possibly but not yet.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:50 pm

Pep, perhaps. But pep needs money. Pep couldn’t have done what Poch has done.

• Nick March 7, 2018 at 11:54 pm

Put pep in charge of us or Southampton & he’d jack it in after 6 months.sick of these money managers getting more credit than they deserve

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:58 pm

Nah Nick, Pep is quality, look how many managers get mega bucks and fail, he neede one season to get his eye in and bought the right players to complete the perfect team, he also improves players markedly, he’d be great anywhere pretty much, at least that’s my take

• Nick March 8, 2018 at 12:04 am

One season & £200m worth of defenders🙄

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:04 am

Guardiola deserves credit for what he’s done but he’s never managed either a struggling side or a side that isn’t the most powerful financialy in the three leagues he’s managed in.

Maureen is similar in that case, I don’t think either could do the kind of thing Poch has done. They’ve been too spoiled to even go there…

• Sniper March 8, 2018 at 12:13 am

Dare I mention Wenger?

I regard him highly, but it’s fascinating to see how he performs now there’s a shambles around him

• paul March 8, 2018 at 12:16 am

Why does he have to Easty? It’s like saying Stephen Hawkins shoulda worked nights at Maccy D’s before he tackled string theory, if he wanted real cred

• East Stand March 8, 2018 at 12:41 am

I’m not saying he has to Paul. My point is until he does and proves otherwise then the “he can only do well with mega bucks” tag is not going away.

He’s good but overrated until he proves otherwise.

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:54 pm

All day long. Pep please. Oh and a minted magnate buyer while we’re at it. Fuck glorious failure. Getting older.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:47 pm

If we were like most of the top teams in Europe (like Juve) we could have shut up shop, taken off Dele Alli for Wanyama and packed the edge of our ‘box and played on the break.

But I called it at 1-1 that we need to go on and win it comfortably or else…

Even at 1-1 we need two more goals to win it, playing the way we do.

I really hope our coaches and players learn from the experience and get a killer instinct to get through these kinds of games against top opposition.

We threw it away at home to the Spammers in the league cup in a similar fashion. I’m not sure Poch has a cynical edge to adopt such tactics. You can be sure that Pep and Jose have it in their arsenal (pardon that reference)

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:49 pm

Will depend on whether we can retain the very best players in this team, which remains to be seen

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:53 pm

get bored with not winning anything and move on. (e.g. Refer to Bonzo)

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:43 pm

Be interesting to see Juventus draw another English club.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:47 pm

I just want to see Livertwats get knocked out and Salah injured for enough time for Kane to win a 3rd Golden boot comfortably.

• Nick March 7, 2018 at 11:50 pm

Salah will win golden boot.kane is knackered & out of sorts.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:51 pm

no he isn’t.

he is getting man marked out of games.

salah is too quick to man mark.

• Nick March 8, 2018 at 12:00 am

I’d like to agree but my honest opinion is his head has been turned.been saying for 4 weeks that his “form” has dropped.i hope I’m wrong as he has carried us for the poch era

• AntSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:48 pm

How so Glos ?

• marsinho March 7, 2018 at 11:57 pm

they’l manage to up their game against any opponent english german spanish because they’ve always played ugly percentage football and this is what we have to do, brain clough won 2 european cups for forrest, what does that say gloss.

• AntSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:58 pm

Yeah what does that say Glos ?

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:00 am

If you won’t talk to me, you gotta talk to the main man Marsinho.

• marsinho March 8, 2018 at 12:12 am

relax bro i aint turned me back on ya alls will end well come end of may, FA CUP should to us nicely, and milan sweetening us all back tomorrow by disposing that filthy litter up the other end.

• AntSpurs March 8, 2018 at 12:20 am

Yes Marsinho , you know it makes sense.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:38 pm

Gotta hand it to Dier – hardly ever goes off injured and battled on today with one teste left.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Juve will pay the penalty in later rounds for amassing yellows by kicking the shite out of Spurs.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:41 pm

Think Alli’s yellow was harsh – the Juve player kicked his foot and then made a meal of it. Fair challenge, I thought.

• Nick March 7, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Ref had a stinker,missed numerous handballs,definitely a penalty for juve & should’ve sent off pjanic.Once juve got in his head with the nitpick fouls being called the tide was turned.didnt even play the paltry 3 mins added time

• Lilywhite without the ll March 7, 2018 at 11:31 pm

Tripps can cross the ball, the problem is he can’t recover being too high up the pitch so his default move is get to the half way line, pass backwards then point to something in the sky…..

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:32 pm

That’s a classic Bielsa distraction tactic – pointing.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:32 pm

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it’s Bonzo’s EPL winners medal

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:33 pm

It’s actually fucking childish bard

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:36 pm

It’s actually an England international full-back

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:38 pm

reply to different post sniper got put here i don’t know why

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:41 pm

Makes for interesting interactions.

Happens to me often.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:46 pm

Lolz, yep and actually worked in context too

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:49 pm

Genius!

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:37 pm

You can’t blame Trippier if he can’t run fast. Should he go to Pochettino and ask for a transfer back to Burnley? It’s the manager who retains him. (Likewise Sissoko, he’s shit but he didn’t pick the team. I won’t criticise him any longer, who wouldn’t accept 95k per week?)

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:48 pm

The same Sissoko who since Pochetino praised him to the hilt for his value to the team has played about an hour of football. Yet more baffling Poch behaviour.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:49 pm

Always back your players. Coach 101

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:51 pm

It makes him sound like an idiot. Just say nothing. He wasn’t being adked specifically why he was picking him.

• Chris March 7, 2018 at 11:30 pm

So many Juve fans in the home section tonight. An absolute disgraceful showing by Wembley stewards.

• Chris March 7, 2018 at 11:29 pm

Why the fuck do we continually celebrate failure and being so close. Tonight we chucked away a comfortable position.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:31 pm

Once again the gallant/plucky losers, sigh.

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:32 pm

It’s fucking boring.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:33 pm

It’s actually fucking childish bard

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:42 pm

Lasagnegate. Chelsea winning the CL knocking us out when we finished 4th. Leicester City winning the Epl. You couldn’t make up our misfortune. Then there’s the self inflicted stuff. Perpetually being a player away or a better manager away from the finished article. Destined to trip over just before the finish line every time. I need to go to bed. For a week.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:51 pm

deeper sigh..

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:31 pm

It was never comfortable. It was a matter of time. We always needed to score two or three tonight and couldn’t.

• Urbane Sturgeon March 7, 2018 at 11:32 pm

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:33 pm

For 60 minutes we were the better team. Carrying the biggest threat.

Allegri won this for them.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:34 pm

Tactical flexibility you say?

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:34 pm

Yes, you could tell they’d score at least one. Dembélé and Eriksen has fairly decent games but weren’t allowed the space they had in Turin to dictate our attacking play. So we became much more predictable (Davies crosses or hit a brick wall through the middle.)

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:28 pm

In the summer, flog Dele to the highest bidder.

I’d sell Doris too but he’s here until Poch leaves, I suspect.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:28 pm

People saying Kane had a quiet game – he was more or less man marked the entire match. Had to come much deeper to get involved. Other teams have done this to him before.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:29 pm

Yep, not his fault. I suspect Chiellini used a bag of tricks on him all night too, away from the camera’s glare.

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:30 pm

Kane did fine. Held up the ball. Won headers.worked like a trojan.

• Teddyboy March 7, 2018 at 11:27 pm

Pochettinos training, education, improvement of individual and team skills, drills, structure, man management and attitude is most likely world class, we do look like a very good team. His handling of matches – changes, reaction, substitution, quick thinking etc. appear more Redknappisch, Oh its 70 minutes, i need to make a substitution.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:30 pm

His watch has got an alarm call for 70th minute.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:34 pm

Unfortunately, it has now infected almost everyone on here too…

• MysteriousStranger March 7, 2018 at 11:21 pm

We missed a fuck ton of chances, especially Sonny (yes I did notice him score our goal), we should have been 1-0 down cos that was a clear pen from Vertonghen’s late challenge, and they were also, as someone else said, masters of the dark arts to boot. And ultimately, more clinical than us. We can grumble all we want but we simply weren’t good enough overall on the night. That said, summer upgrade on our current keeper please. Waste of time “captain” who continues to go missing when it really matters, IMHO.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:23 pm

Correct on all points. They have a top keeper, we have someone who goes into standby/sleep mode if he has nothing to do for five minutes.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:24 pm

I think he is a vampire. Hates crosses.

• Hartley™ March 7, 2018 at 11:25 pm

I think he’s a lesbian, hates touching balls.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:24 pm

Son scored with a miss kick imho.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:25 pm

At leat he had a go though. He had drive and energy and made chances happen. What did Dele did apart from that back heel flick and get 2 Juve players booked?

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:29 pm

Yes he was our best player up front, he made life difficult for them. Alli, not sure what he is trying to do most of the time.

• MysteriousStranger March 7, 2018 at 11:40 pm

He was lively but not clinical where it mattered most, in front of goal.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:41 pm

He’s a trier.

• AntSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:26 pm

It came off his other leg. Looked good though, made Buffon have a scramble.

• AntSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:24 pm

We could have had one too. Chiellini took a swipe at the ball.

• MysteriousStranger March 7, 2018 at 11:39 pm

I presume you’re referring to when he handled it whilst lunging/going to ground at the edge of the box? Ball to hand rather than hand to ball always the most likely call there, masters of the dark arts as alluded to. Put it another way, he wasn’t ever going to move it out of the way in that situation and quite hard to spot/call foul play on. Not quite the stonewaller Vertonghen’s was though IMO, and that wasn’t given either.

• AntSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:46 pm

When it’s ball to hand that’s understandable. They had a couple of other instances of that during the gam. However I think with the help of VAR, a penalty would likely be given. He puts his hand to ball IMO. He tries to take a 2nd swipe at it. Dirty bastard but one hellova player.

• AntSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:54 pm

Looked like they couldn’t wait till the end of the game before getting hold of Vertonghens shirt in the box.
            Anyways I thought the ref might have evened that up.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:57 pm

A Winner. End of story!

• Lilywhite without the ll March 7, 2018 at 11:25 pm

Thats the last position Levy will spend money on, especially as the 3 of them have a love triangle (Poch, Hugo & Levy!)

• Hartley™ March 7, 2018 at 11:20 pm

FA Cup is now the dogs bollocks

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:22 pm

.. until we lose at Swansea, then top 4 is chocolate

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:24 pm

Swansea will be no walk in the park after this and their current form – banana skin ahead

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:22 pm

Dipped in nutella

• Lahdedah March 7, 2018 at 11:29 pm

The Greyhound style?

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:17 pm

Whilst we wallow in self-pity, angst and downright indignation, Basel go and beat Citeh (purportedly the best team in Europe with the best coach in the World) on their home patch.

Just maybe shows we are human after all. Or are we suddenly stuffed with entitlement?

Discuss.

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:20 pm

City went through 5 2.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:20 pm

City were 4-0 up from the first leg – 4 away goals too…

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:21 pm

Who cares? They went through easily. Probably stayed in second gear.

• Urbane Sturgeon March 7, 2018 at 11:23 pm

3rd gear. Strikers & midfield had the deckchairs out and I heard cocktails were being passed around.

• MysteriousStranger March 7, 2018 at 11:23 pm

Citeh rested key players.

• Horndog March 7, 2018 at 11:17 pm

Them bringing on Lichsteiner to replace the static stomper changed the match. He immediately attacked and started the move for the first goal. We did not adjust to his attacking presence.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:19 pm

It’s ironic that he’s the one player I didn’t know who the hell he was. 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Horndog March 7, 2018 at 11:47 pm

Excellent Swiss International

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:19 pm

Yes, Pochettino did a Woy Hodgson stare and didn’t react with a substitution or coach from the sidelines.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:21 pm

There were a few Puta Madres from him come the closing minutes. Not nearly enough.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:20 pm

they didn’t have a right hand side until he came on

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:22 pm

The difference was the quality of his cross – straight onto Dybala’s head – and the quality of the header into Higuain’s path.

Different level.

When we put crosses in they often come out the other side or ricochet their way through pin-ball style.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:23 pm

I’ve been saying for months the quality of too many of our final ball’s have been poor, fine against EPL oppo but not at this level, our chance to finishing ratio stinks

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:25 pm

Yeah, it does.

• Hartley™ March 7, 2018 at 11:15 pm

Kane and Dembele and Vertonghen and Lloris was poor, that’s our spine. Son and Davies and Trippier and Erksen and Sanchez were average, Dele and Dier were the pick, Poch could have stayed at home and got the same result.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Stuff your reasonableness Harts.

I paid for the full half hour!

• Teddyboy March 7, 2018 at 11:15 pm

From the last 16, and possible opponents, Barca, Juve and Bayern were probably the toughest draw for us. We got Juve (not porto, basel or sevilla) and were generally the better team to watch for the neutral, in both matches. Thats football Keegan. To go doom and gloom and all Levy/poch blame-game on this result would be wrong, their reaction in terms of remaining contests (poch), and the next season (future/Levy) will be interesting though. I expected us to win this game, we were clearly the better team on the day as well, damn. I did not expect us to win CL this year. Asked about his thoughts on the squad staying together this year and in years to come, Eriksen commented on TV that it was a possibility, but really in the end, up to what the club (i.e. Levy) decides that it wants to do.

• Ethan March 7, 2018 at 11:12 pm

Said long ago that Trips and Davies are not champions league quality but so many here go easy on them because they’re British

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Not sure that’s true Ethan, always found this is a place that champions equal opportunity abuse

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Thought Davies wasn’t too bad tonight considering he was up against Costa.

Made a few mistakes and a few bum crosses that hit the first man, but you never know with him, one of them might get through if it’s mis-hit correctly.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Honestly Accy i’ve never seen a player have so many crosses blocked, even when he can see 100% the defender is going to block it he cracks on regardless, it’s mindnumbing

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:19 pm

It’s like he’s never heard of feigning & cutting inside.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:21 pm

He’s a decent squad player for EPL oppo but at this level no, just no.

• Hartley™ March 7, 2018 at 11:15 pm

RACIST!

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:20 pm

Not Scottish tho

• LOL-1175 March 7, 2018 at 11:09 pm

Watching Trippier trying to run back for their second goal has to be one of the most pathetic sights I have ever seen. The right back problem position needs sorting as we have been left with two true duds…

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:11 pm

Couldn’t make it up – we used to have a fullback who could get up and down the wing, but couldn’t cross… now we have a bloke that can cross, who can’t get up and down the wing.

Thought we’d see at least a few more crosses whipped in from him tonight, but he couldn’t go too high as he can’t get back.

• LOL-1175 March 7, 2018 at 11:12 pm

Aurier is just as bad and slow….back to the drawing board

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:17 pm

I said two years ago, Trippier’s brain in Walker’s body was the perfect wing back.

• marsinho March 7, 2018 at 11:33 pm

he shouldn’t have been in that position in running back for the 1st or 2nd goal, we should’ve been defending a 1 goal lead but instead we left ourselves naively open to a counter and got suckered for it and twice for the matter, they got their 2 and parked the bus, does poch need coaching for that.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:08 pm

made two subs tonight. The Llorente sub was ineffective.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:12 pm

He won a few knock-downs but it was too little too late against a back six or seven for Juve at that stage of the game. Moura might have caused panic in the old ranks.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:13 pm

especially if given a meaningful amount of time on the pitch

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:17 pm

Yes. As soon as their 1st goal went in, probably.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Brought him on then struggled to cross.

You have to credit Juve, they saw what we intended to do and made it difficult to get room to swing in crosses. But then again we left it too late to bring him on.

As soon as Pochettino saw that Juventus were shutting up shop and sitting on their lead, he should have brought on Llorente as Dele was never getting any more room in the middle, they were too compact. He was too slow to react in his substitution.

• AntSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:07 pm

Quick note to online firm. A player like Llorente does not need crosses to survive. It is not the only reason to bring him on. When on song he is an intelligent player who has very good hold up play, a lovely touch and is a classy finisher. As you were…

• marsinho March 7, 2018 at 11:10 pm

juve aint rochdale i’m sorry to say. don’t offer candy on charity they shut up shop mate.

• AntSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:17 pm

He’s was part of arguably the best national team over decades he’s a WC EC Serie A winner, I think it’s a little bit disrespectful to think he can only score against the likes of Rochdale. Anyways it didn’t happen tonight but hey, he is another finisher if the balls in and around the box. Makes total sense.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:11 pm

Ten years ago

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Strike while the iron is hot. We actually fucked up the away leg more than tonight. They had half a team out injured that night yet we gifted them 2 goals, murdered them for an hour then settled for the draw when they were there for the taking.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Nice, you’ve fashioned an entirely new whip with which to flagellate ourselves with!

• Urbane Sturgeon March 7, 2018 at 11:04 pm

It’s what we do best.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:05 pm

… and to each other on this blog

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 11:09 pm

The life of a Spurs and England fan. A groundhog day of dashed hopes. Something always crops up, mostly self inflicted but there’s always something. Every time. I so wish I didn’t care.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:10 pm

We’re literally breaking rocks in a yard Bard, it never ends!

• Hartley™ March 7, 2018 at 10:54 pm

1-0 and we fucked it up.
    Lloris is a cunt but he knows he is, he’s not a footballer but he is a cunt. Stupid is as stupid does and Poch at 1-0 up against a team with five bookings at the back takes the easy option and attacks instead of protecting our advantage, mugged.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:56 pm

Lloris is becoming a problem.
      A very static problem.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 10:56 pm

You think he ought to have saved either goal?

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:58 pm

I think he could have at least tried. 1 of them he was about a yard off his line. Try coming off your line, old dear.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Yep – it’s called narrowing the angle.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:00 pm

never does it

• paul March 7, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Did you see how well grandpa buffon narrowed the angle for Sonny boy’s early piledriver, i was impressed

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:05 pm

That’s why he was world class.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:00 pm

He isn’t a Buffon. I’m not too impressed by him, and would welcome us getting one of several decent keepers currently at lesser clubs.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:01 pm

I fear that with him in the sticks (and Captain!) the Poch project is destined never to win a trophy with us.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:04 pm

I’m coming round to that point of view. Perhaps if he had more saves to make he’d be better, he seems to be getting rustier and rustier. We have a good defence and he goes long periods without action other than back passes.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:06 pm

This is true. He’s rarely called into action other than to kick the ball out, and when there’s a more urgent situation for him to deal with he often appears to transform into a scarecrow.

• jfdit March 7, 2018 at 11:01 pm

actually I think Poch set us up perfectly for 90% of both legs

all the goals conceded were mistakes by mediocre defenders

this squad needs refreshing in the summer, let the boy blunder (Alli) go, same with Lloris & with the fullbacks either get Rose back in play or buy a better option than Davies – neither Aurier or Trippier is good enough defensively if we re-qualify for the CL

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:06 pm

Can’t agree about Rose. He plays as if he is a winger again, and neglects his defensive role.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Trouble is he’s not a very good winger.

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 11:06 pm

I’m not sure if Lloris is good or not any more. I don’t think he should be captain though. What do you think Ron?

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:11 pm

I can’t wait for the “making up” sex between you two. It will be explosive!

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 11:13 pm

pfft…. lol

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Anyway, I am disappointed as the next man but still stuff to look forward to.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Our misfortune was drawing Juventus, and not a mediocre side like Basel. Juventus know how to win.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:56 pm

Yup. I knew we weren’t going to win the Champions League but it’s still gutting to lose like this to those cheating c*nts.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 10:58 pm

Liverpool. Name on the CL? Get a fuck easy group then the fuck easiest team in the KO stage.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:02 pm

I fancy they’ll get outdone by a team that can target their shit defence.

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:09 pm

Ah, but will they continue to fluke the draw? Juve will be missing players in the next round from yellows picked up tonight, that kind of thing can play a big role.

Remember ManUre when they won the CL in 98? QF, SF, Final, their opponents were always missing their star player(s) through injury.

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:58 pm

Yep, we won our group and got them.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Fixed

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 11:09 pm

I thought so.

• PissedOffFucker March 7, 2018 at 11:28 pm

Defeatist attitude. We play better against opponents that attack. Stop making excuses

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:49 pm

There is a big irridescent bouncy castle in our collective gardens. On it bouncing about are amputee midgets singing “if you don’t know me by now” by simply red through mega phones, surrounding the castle are Catherine wheels fizz banging, and a wild boar ridden by Nigel Havers chasing down a nude hooker in circles….I cannot look out my window and say, ” There is nothing in my garden”. Liverpool 0 Porto 0. Man City 1 Basle 2. Semper fi. Adios and Godspeed.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:51 pm

There’s nowhere to go after this, new blog!

• Urbane Sturgeon March 7, 2018 at 10:59 pm

Are you the new Sid Trotter?

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:04 pm

I’ll have a pint of what you’ve been drinking

• jfdit March 7, 2018 at 10:46 pm

chin up everybody

Juve are the cunts choice of a team, the dark arts personified, play the man not the ball, nasty, bribe officials to win leagues, the anti football club

they won’t win it, they’ll go out to 1st decent side they play, they got out of jail against us because they had a bit luck & we were naive

time to re group & take the FA Cup & a top 4 place off cheatski

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:48 pm

Yeah!!

• Urbane Sturgeon March 7, 2018 at 10:43 pm

We lost by the one goal and both matches were close affairs with the more experienced CL side just coming out on top. I feel OK despite the disappointment because I didn’t expect to win the competition and so it was always a case of how we’d go out and to whom. Hopefully the team & manager will have learned a valuable lesson regarding our response to a tactical change, but other than that I was well impressed with our performance over the two games. I agree with the comments from some that although they played very well, Tripps & Davies seem a tad short of the desired quality at this level. I hate to pick out individuals, especially as no one in my view had a duffer, but Alli was the only player who I thought produced too little given the requirements of his position on the pitch, he really needs to kick on.

2 times finalists in the past 3 years with many of those players still on board, and just a few minutes worth of tactical naivete set us apart. My feeling going into this match was that it was a 50/50 game; I now feel like our chances of going at the CL again during our first season at the new Lane is more likely as I think our League focus will be better. I also think that the players’ need to win the FA cup to make up for this loss will be all the stronger.

An FA cup win and a top 4 spot is well within our grasp and, for this supporter anyway, either one, or preferable both, will help me to forget this disappointment come the middle of May.

Go on the Spurs.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Away with you and your considered reasonableness!

• gloster1861 March 7, 2018 at 10:50 pm

With you US. We didn’t play badly, we played a very experienced team full of quality. Facts speak for themselves.

A lot of angst which is understandable, but massive overreaction as far as I’m concerned.

Juventus should have been awarded a penalty first half, they survived our onslaught bar Son’s miss hit goal. Then struck back, and when in front killed the game. Kane had an offside header, if it had ended up in the back of the net it would have been a poor decision to let it stand.

End of.

• IrishSpurs March 7, 2018 at 10:37 pm

This was a cup we were never goin to win – poch and levy wanted to go as far as poss for the money – fair enough – we are more than good enough to win the fa cup but we need a full team including rose and aurier – hopefully being put out of this comp is a blessing in disguise – lets win the fa cup!!!

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:38 pm

Someone’s glass is half full ;’)

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Mines half full……of piss

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Mistake going to an Italian restaurant on a night like this

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Watch out for Zizzis.

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Indeed.

• IrishSpurs March 7, 2018 at 10:49 pm

Half full of vodka at this stage – but as i said before we need baby steps – fa cup winners wud be mighty!!!

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:50 pm

It would indeed Irish.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:38 pm

Agreed. Less the Aurier bit…

• IrishSpurs March 7, 2018 at 11:12 pm

I know sniper both are liabilities but aurier has that agressive guile that was needed tonight – he wudnt have been standing with his hand up looking offside – he wud have been close enuf to take him down – probably in the penalty area

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:25 pm

.. for a red card.

I hear ya..

• daytripper March 7, 2018 at 10:41 pm

I completely disagree. If we had a healthy Toby this year I think we could have been serious competitors for winning it. I know everybody has short memories, and we haven’t seen Toby in ages, but what you saw from Chiellini today is exactly what Toby did for us the last few seasons.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:31 pm

Should have had more ON TARGET shots at Old Flappy Buffon.
    Missed a trick there…

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 10:30 pm

Poch never ever adjusts formations mid game or makes bold game changing subs. He also never has the balls to drag a player who is obviously having a poor game. Both Dier and Alli should have been replaced after an hour. Dier was obviously injured and Alli ineffective again. Wanyama a big strong presence Sat on the bench and Moura has done more in 2 games than Alli all season long. Fuck you tonight Poch. You got shown up.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:31 pm

With you 1000%
      I just dont understand why others cant see that

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:33 pm

Because others have a different point of view maybe. I thought we played well and were unlucky.

• jfdit March 7, 2018 at 10:38 pm

I thought we played well for 75 mins but our finishing was poor not unlucky bar the fact their right back should have got a red

at this level if you get chances you have to take them

• daytripper March 7, 2018 at 10:34 pm

We see it Ron – I have been saying this since day 1 of his tenure. This is the one trait that separates Poch from all the great managers. He is the only one that ALWAYS waits too long to make changes. He also only has two systems, and the five at the back system clearly failed earlier in the season, leaving him with just the one system. But, I will take all the other positives that we get from Poch and keep praying that he learns from his mistakes.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:37 pm

100%.

Toyota were fantastic at what they do. But they realised that they couldnt take it to another level.So they created a company with creative thinkers and people that came from other types of businesses and created a new way. Thats clever.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 10:38 pm

I think he does learn – but slowwwwly.

• daytripper March 7, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Ugggh, agonisingly slow.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:36 pm

Singing to the choir mate

• MiT March 7, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Disappointed. Experience points to Juventus. That is all.

• N'cuffley March 7, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Most teams take a few years to establish themselves in the champions league and we did well for the majority of the game but previously our plan be is to switch to a back 3 but we’ve seemed to have ditched this. The result probably nearly guarantees top 4 is maybe the only silver lining and gives what levy wants out of this season

• Freund or Foe March 7, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Ouchio.

• Elevenstonedidiots March 7, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Poch was done tactically by Allegri. His subs and change of shape sucker punched us and we lacked experience and nous to get an equaliser. Our response was to lump it long. We stopped playing our normal game in the 2nd half. What’s more anybody who watches Juve regularly will know this was not luck on their part. They often soak up pressure, look out the game and then bang. Just have a look at the Napoli game at the weekend. This is a watershed moment for this manager & team

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Its not really because this problem has been the same all the time.He has no plan B
      Its all about his system (that can be fantastic) but CANNOT CHANGE IT.
      Poch is not a creative thinker. He has a plan and a disciplinne and when it works it works.But he doesnt understand creative players thats why he rarely finds them when Klopp finds all sorts. We have Moura.he has a brain to pass forward. and he doesnt do it. So Pochs great at his system but cannot adjust because HE HAS NO CREATIVE SOLUTIONS

• Elevenstonedidiots March 7, 2018 at 10:39 pm

I have to say I disagree. It’s a watershed moment insofar I don’t think this team can be taken any further unless Poch is backed with serious bank to compete in the PL and CL.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:41 pm

I think we need a player to run the team on the field. A Blanchflower. Someone who can reorganise on the pitch instead of blindly following the set-up determined by the coach pre-game.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:42 pm

We are talking about a game.This game. And the manager we have and what was wrong with today thats all. We were good because of the system.It worked until it didnt and then we had no answers.

• Elevenstonedidiots March 7, 2018 at 10:52 pm

We lacked experience to close the game out. That last 25 minutes to close the game out cannot be coached, you gain that experience over time. But players like Dier, tripps and Davies will not win you the big shiny pots and Don’t get me started about that waste of space Ali…

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:56 pm

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:49 pm

Moura, a bit like Holtby eh Ron? Plays five minutes and he’s the guvnor!

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Cutting through the “banter” I think we are all saying that we just needed something “different” to be introduced tonight and Lucas “might” just be the difference.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:57 pm

The cunt is a wind up merchant.I admit the fucker got me

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Still swearing I see. You don’t need to do that though……..

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:57 pm

You are cynical you have nothing else to say. You twot

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:57 pm

Enuff of the “banter” you two. Get a room.

• Accy March 7, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Yep.

People forget there are 11 other and more experienced players out there, and a whole other set of tactics designed to counter our own.

• DAVID March 7, 2018 at 10:25 pm

We looked in control until they made those subs and changed their system, 2 goals in 3 minutes turned the game on it’s head.
    So frustrating, felt like the game was there for the taking.

• Al March 7, 2018 at 10:28 pm

It was. Without. A shadow.

• DAVID March 7, 2018 at 10:29 pm

Painful experience, can’t quite believe we lost

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:30 pm

… and watching their shape change as the game progressed was a lesson I wish Poch and the players would learn. And fast!
      They attacked in numbers at every opportunity, especially when they went 1-0 down. Once they got the second, they changed shaped to have ten men around the edge of their box and prevent and crosses.

I don’t blame Poch alone, I think the payers don’t know how to adapt themselves outside of a rigid starting system dictated by the coach.

That comes down to the experience and quality of their players versus ours. And we will see it again and again at international level as we go on to lose against Italians, Germans, Argies etc.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Sniper great players go beyond the pale and at some point do what THEY think is right.Great players were never SHEEP

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:44 pm

You gave the answer to your own angst earlier Ron. Danny Blanchflower was the difference. On field.

I don’t see any player running our team right now on the pitch. I don’t see any truly great players.

I think that’s what is needed within Poch’s systemic approach. AEven a player like Hoddle to build around would make this team special.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Its difficult to find a Captain but impossible to find a Danny Blanchflower
            Today I think a player like Fabregas plays that role. Has vision.
            He isnt the strong character that Danny was but he is a player who can run a team
            Dembele is fantatsic.He is strong,has talent with the ball and has great desire but he doesnt have a bigger vision he sees just the next play,doesnt read deeper than that.
            very difficult to find

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:51 pm

That’s where the cheque book has to come out. And we all know that won’t happen with the owner and chairman we have.

Don’t blame the coach though. I am sure he knows the players he wants that could make us World beaters.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:55 pm

Its about thinking on his feet. he has an excellent system and we played it to a T perfect but when we needed something different. He didnt offer great choices. Lamela as fine but I was shocked to see Llorente. It means hwe would just use crosses to beat Juve. we needed to get a ball player and create something. We had Moura on who could have but he never put him on. It means he relyies more on his system than anything else. I think its limited.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:00 pm

The Llorente gamble had me at a loss. That stank of desperation. The ‘ol Ron Atkinson hoof it into the ‘box routine.

We will never know why Lucas wasn’t thrown on instead but Poch is paid the big bikkies to make these calls and his record so far is the best we’ve ever had. So I defer…

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 11:02 pm

Thats fair enough. I think its a reasonable estimation etc. everyone has an achilles heel.I was pointing out Pochs and frankly Im not the first.Many southampton fans think that way too. How do you grow by understanding or trying to understand at least the things that are lacking

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:08 pm

With you Ron. And hoping Poch will have learned from tonight, will go away and lock himself in a room with his team of fellow coaches and come out of it with a few more options for next time!

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 11:13 pm

There are engineers that can create by making a plan and there are managers and people who can think in the moment adjusting by ideas. Some people are very good at the discipline of something and others have creative ideas to grow.
                      Poch seems more of the engineer and less of a thinker. You need both.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 11:28 pm

Toyota. Engineer Ono.

But then, even Toyota had Kaisen events.

The change has to involve the players.

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Onfield vocal midfield leaders are rare as hens teeth these days. Late 90s Roy Keane please.

• SpursSince67 March 7, 2018 at 10:23 pm

I’m afraid as much as we have to thank Poch for, tonight highlights all too glaringly the stark limitations of the man…his sub decisions are mostly just shocking and typically far too late to make a damn difference…supposing he’d had the balls to replace Dier and All with Wanyama and Moura BEFORE the Juve coach in order to make him at least think again and buy us some strategic time…Poch ALWAYS waits and lets the other coach blink first and it’s always going to cost us at this level, along with the teams naivety of all the tricks of European football…oh,well, let’s just hope we have another crack next year, but it’s hard to see us getting beyond this point in it…at least it made up for the clusterfuck of a campaign last year so, there’s that I guess…

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:22 pm

Juventus Wiley…. Poch Wally…..but the 1st leg….anomoly. Its a funny ol game its a funny olbvgame its a funny olgame itsd a funny olbvgame its abfukkybold game its abfunnyolgameerarararararaa

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:21 pm

Poch on Lamela that was ok. But then put on Llorente. For what exactly. To try and get low percentage crosses?

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:23 pm

if we were going with knock the ball long to the big lad, chuck it in the mixer and hope for the cheeky knock down then fine, Fernando’s your man, problem was no-one told the players that and we were still tippy tappying it around the first ten minutes he was on the pitch

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:24 pm

I wanted viktor for dire and moura for dele – at the 60 minute mark

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:26 pm

I would have gone with that make sense

• IrishSpurs March 7, 2018 at 10:30 pm

Exactly wat we were saying in the pub – why does poch wait so long – lamela made a difference when he came on but then lorente – talk about square pegs in a round hole

• Urbane Sturgeon March 7, 2018 at 10:49 pm

• McG March 7, 2018 at 10:26 pm

Llorente was a w*nk decision.

• Urbane Sturgeon March 7, 2018 at 10:50 pm

+1 but we’d lost by then anyway.

• TrentSpur March 7, 2018 at 10:18 pm

They did a great job on Dembele, and Hugo’s distribution out to the defence. Proper homework.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:19 pm

ow did we adjust?????????????????????????

Oh right we didnt.

• SpursGoliath March 7, 2018 at 10:19 pm

They targeted all our pressure points like pros yup

• marsinho March 7, 2018 at 10:18 pm

wouldn’t have been such a bad idea of taking mousa or dier off and giving luka a chance at running at their defenders who were all on yellow and away from a red, fuck it next season lads.

• MysteriousStranger March 7, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Who is Luka?

• marsinho March 7, 2018 at 10:29 pm

moura mate just a bit of trickery from him in and around the box mite have drawn a straight red from a juve defender who were all on yellows.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:50 pm

Moura has vision and is talented.More control that half of our team and an eye for a pass. Treated him like nkoudoo

• Sid Trotter March 7, 2018 at 10:18 pm

We’re still on for the cup ….

• Lilywhite without the ll March 7, 2018 at 10:19 pm

egg & spoon..

• TyredMan 🚯 March 7, 2018 at 10:17 pm

I’m still in shock, I cannot believe what I just watched. I paused the live game to take TyredWoman to the train station. Come back and it was like watching a different game for the last 1/2hr. Fuck,Fuck,Fuck.

• Sid Trotter March 7, 2018 at 10:16 pm

Guys, we lost to finalists twice in last 3 years. We battled hard but their experience and cheating won’t last. Our effort was there as was our inexperience. We’ll win this in my life time no doubt

• YidInExile March 7, 2018 at 10:15 pm

And when push came to shove, also leaderless

• JackDLad March 7, 2018 at 10:16 pm

We need a Gattusso!

• JackDLad March 7, 2018 at 10:17 pm

An Angelo Di Livio (Soldatino)

• BARD March 7, 2018 at 10:14 pm

legoverlass
    They were 1-0 down at half time with us having scored twice at there place. They changed their formation. How did we react? What did Pooch do to adjust to those changes? They started to open us up and Davies and Trippier are simply not CL standard. We needed to hit them hard at the beginning of the second half. Had we nicked another goal that would have sealed the tie but Pooch has his eleven and his formation and he simply does not have any ability to change up things in the last two thirds. Moura is not Townsend FFS.. he has fast feet and control and a good football brain and he has the composure to score. He has played at this level and TBH tell me what Ali did for us second half?

This. All of it.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:16 pm

THIS 100%

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:14 pm

And that bowler is you Poch……

• YidInExile March 7, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Still so naive

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:14 pm

My biggest fear tonight was Tripps and so it proved. Sanchez showed inexperience and should never have got sucked in but once he went to the ball Tripps had to cover but stood there like a lemon with his hand in the air. We learnt tonight that neither Tripps or Davies are anywhere near good enough at this level and we had confirmation of what many of us knew already, that Pochs game management sucks. That being said i’m immensely proud of the teams showing in the CL this year. Just such a disappointment that we went out in this fashion.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:17 pm

They’re both nice lads and decent club players but they’re not CL standard. We probably already knew this before tonight. Neither is Dele though, I’d argue…

• CptCaveman March 7, 2018 at 10:11 pm

Poch was as usual slow to react but wow, the way some of you are going on Moura is the Messiah or something.
    Gutted to lose as I actually dare to dream. Lets hope we can at least win the FA Cup, honestly, we are playing well enough to.

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Levy’s counting he’s beans in his ivory tower. Exempt. Fucking genius.

• Lilywhite without the ll March 7, 2018 at 10:12 pm

According to Paul Miller on The Spurs show Levy made 5.5m for the Madrid game and they think will be the same for Juv which doesn’t include price/progress money..

• Lilywhite without the ll March 7, 2018 at 10:13 pm

prize

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Mmmmmmm pudding.

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Matuidi targeted Dier and clobbered him enough that it did the job and he came off.

Barzagli nobbled Son a few times.

Chiellini is a long-time cunt, always diving in his own penalty area and pulling shirts like a wanker.

Pjanic should have had 2 yellows.

Dybala dived and the ref bought it with the last manoeuvre of the game.

We had no answer to these dirty tactics. I’m proud of our lads for trying to play the game the right way but, ultimately, we got sand kicked in our faces tonight.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:11 pm

Its football

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:15 pm

Cunts win at football, Ron.
        That’s why Mourinho wins trophies.
        We’re not cunty enough, or something.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:18 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson has both guts and smarts
          Pep does too
          We should have won this game. Poch missmanaged us. He got the system right but when is started to go the other way he didnt react. Juves manager did

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Fergie had a lot of financial backing and Pep has an open chequebook. It’s not the same, Ron. They aren’t cunts but to win major trophies you have to have some edge and possibly dark arts about you generally (if you don’t have the open chequebook.)

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 11:05 pm

They got there somehow without the chequebook didnt they

• IrishSpurs March 7, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Disappointed but as i said on here before id love us to win the fa cup – now fucking do it poch – our wing backs cost us tonite – dont put ur hand up trippier lukin for offside – go for the ball

• Lahdedah March 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Deja Vu all over again.

For a further example of this kind of groundhog day disappointment, stayed tuned for the England performance in the 2018 World Cup.

• SpursGoliath March 7, 2018 at 10:11 pm

It was very ‘England at Wembley Against a canny opponent’ yes

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Hey, Mr Lahdedah you is back. You disappeared for a while, I hope all is ok in Canada.

• Lahdedah March 7, 2018 at 11:20 pm

Hey Stevo, thanks for asking. Life is cold in Western Canada and the winter seems long this year. Had a few health issues but that’s not unexpected at my age, hence the perceived disappearance. I didn’t disappear. I was in the background simply reading and enjoying the dialogue on this wonderful blog.

• DAVID March 7, 2018 at 11:36 pm

Hope you’re on the mend Lahde, us old gits are needed to keep the young whippersnappers in line on this blog.

• Al March 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm

What fucks me off is the cowardice of the attitude of some fans: “it was Juventus, 2 out of 3 last finals blah blah blah”. So what? We had them on the rack. And then we decided to bend over.

You get what you deserve.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:06 pm

Our game today was great because of the pressure we gave juve. But when they scored a couple.You looked at our defence with the ball they had no idea what to do with it. At that point you point on someone who knows how to play with the ball and can hit a high percentage pass down the middle not everything to the wing and crosses.Lo percentage plays.
    Bad managing sorry. Good plan Ill give him that but bad thinking in the moment by Poch.
    They said that at Southampton too

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Ron, Spurs missed a trick with you seeing you are Mr Expert. Think of all the silverware you could have won if you had been managing \ head coach.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm

We’re all worldbeaters on here mate ;’)

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:10 pm

I have the creative thinking but not the discipline needed

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:11 pm

pfft…..

• Al March 7, 2018 at 10:12 pm

Presume you’re celebrating the noble loss to European heavyweights, ffs

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Cynical shit methinks.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:12 pm

stick around you will learn Stevo

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:17 pm

What! I’ll let that pass as you are an aged fella. But gawd you are so up yourself Ron.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Fuck you no need to read anything i write ixs there.It gives you are changce t be synical because Ive never seen you write anything of substance

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:26 pm

Do one Mr…. Check that dictionary while you are it.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Fuck off

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Sorry, come again? Old bloke likes to swear.

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:06 pm

Maybe now we can actually try and win the bleedin’ FA Cup.

• JackDLad March 7, 2018 at 10:13 pm

That will be a FAcup too…lol!

• Greavesforever March 7, 2018 at 10:06 pm

Let’s hope this does affect our league performances we are missing too many chances and Kane seems to have lost his goal touch and looks pedestrian at present this will test Poch’s management skills to raise this lot for the weekend .

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Juve dont play like Real Madrid and Milan.They both came at us. Juve doesnt.
      We were doing well using pressure and a lot of physicality but when it went the other way POCH HAD NO ANSWER.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm

and Dortmund sorry

• TrentSpur March 7, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Your right. Poch you cunt !

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:11 pm

🙂

• Camus March 7, 2018 at 10:05 pm

Well, that was a bit shit, eh lads?
    We deserved to win the tie but Allegri’s ‘winning ugly’ tactics pulled our pants down.

Poch was statuesque as they gained the advantage and killed us off.

Son had a good game, Eriksen was quietly effective at times, but Kane was kept quiet by that cheating Italian c*nt and Dele didn’t do enough at all.

Llorente was an okay sub and won some headers late on, but given only 5mins? Come on, Poch mate…
    We needed Moura to run at them with pace and draw a penalty or something. Moura needed 25mins or so to cause some damage and we probably would have won the tie.

‪I’ve watched many games like that in major tournaments etc. and I hate to see ‘winning ugly’ thrive, but it does. Targeting players, cynical little fouls, parking the bus and nicking breakaway goals – it’s a miserable, cretinous way to win. Hope Juve get smashed next round 👍🏻‬

• McG March 7, 2018 at 10:05 pm

Sorry, but we undone again by another Poch tactical master class. He had no answer, left his subs too late & brought on the wrong player in terms of Llorente. Oh well, onwards & sideways…

• legoverlass March 7, 2018 at 10:05 pm

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:07 pm

100%. He has a plan,not a brain

• richspurs March 7, 2018 at 10:08 pm

How dare you accuse our esteemed Manager of recognising that they changed formation???

• Lilywhite without the ll March 7, 2018 at 10:05 pm

Lamela…lunge and dive and head the ball in, he could of made it…

• richspurs March 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Hes a pussy. No guts.

• McG March 7, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Way off there, he’s one of the few who never shy’s away from the ball & never gives up, always getting yellows for late challenges when attempting to win back the ball. Poch should have hooked Son around the 65th minute..

• The Man Who Shot The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence March 7, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Aaargh

• richspurs March 7, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Up until they made their first sub, we were in control. We still lack leadership in the field. Kane too far up front. Llorry too far back. Vacuum in the middle. We will be fine, maybe, hopefully, , luckily, accidentally, who knows one day.

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:02 pm

It was Pochs system that we played well for the first half.POOchs got a great system.he is great at the discipline of the system. Great.Really A1.
    He has no plan B. Cannot manage subs. He is a one trick Pony.
    Moura has an eye for the game. pOCH you turd you leave him on the bench.
    You are a man with ONE PLAN. No creative thinking.

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Saints fans said that years ago. We don’t even have ingredients for a plan b.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:06 pm

The ingredients we need are expensive players we can’t afford because of the wages structure.

I live for the day a 62,000 capacity stadium allows us to compete with the likes of Citeh and Yanited. But then, there’s Levy…

• Ronwol1960-61 March 7, 2018 at 10:16 pm

We have Moura take it or leave it
        I think he has talent.

• TrentSpur March 7, 2018 at 10:05 pm

How did we play against Madrid & Dortmund? Counter attack. Seems like a different way of playing to me.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:02 pm

We competed against one of the top teams in Europe and lost, narrowly.

I am not going to demand we drag the coach out and hang him from a tree. He got us here, for starters.

We failed from a lack of belief and a lack of experience. They know how to get the job done. We don’t.

Let’s go and win the FA Cup and build toward a top four finish and a crack at this again next year.

• SpursGoliath March 7, 2018 at 10:05 pm

Inexcusable to play the B Team in the FA Cup from now on Poch

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:10 pm

If he doesn’t recognise the importance of winning the FA Cup this year, I will start to criticise him

• SpursGoliath March 7, 2018 at 10:16 pm

That would be the first major blot Against him for me if he in any way takes unnecessary risks or weakens the starting 11 in the FA Cup. Next tie is not to be underestimated, Swansea playing some good stuff at times the last month.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:20 pm

100% agree. It’s a banana skin if ever I saw one.

But ultimately, we need to recognise that the players are the ones with the ultimate responsibilty, not the coach.

I want to see a commitment to win. From the right players. Not Sissioko, Llorente and Lamela. These three don’t do it for me…

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 10:21 pm

… and Dele is falling into that category real fast!

• is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? March 7, 2018 at 10:01 pm

MISSING. Blue and white coloured kitten. Answers to the name of Dele.🐱
    Media COULDNT be happier. Its party time for them cunts.

• Al March 7, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Ex fucking actly.

Waking back to Wembley Central, the usual MORONIC SHITE from some of the idiot members of the fanbase.

“We were never gonna win it”

Then why even buy a ticket

“We were unlucky”

No we weren’t, cretin

It was ours to take. To lose the tie from that position at half time… I can’t be bothered to say more. Anyone with a brain can see it. Two goals in what three minutes? At this level. Jesus wept.

Sigh. Back to earth.

• Nick March 7, 2018 at 9:59 pm

COYS

• SpurAndy 🍒π March 7, 2018 at 9:59 pm

It’s the hope that kills ya.

• Al March 7, 2018 at 10:01 pm

No, it’s the naive choking that kills you.

• caveman March 7, 2018 at 9:59 pm

Good night folks.

• Stevo1987 March 7, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Bye…Cave chappy. I thought we were unlucky.

• YidInExile March 7, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Ahh fuckit

• paul March 7, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Poch should have been thinking about changes the minute they changed formation, when they went 1-0 up there was no excuse; where was the game management, slow it down, make a substitution, feign a fucking injury ffs, anything to regain composure.

• paul March 7, 2018 at 9:58 pm

2-0 could have been avoided is what i’m saying

• SpursGoliath March 7, 2018 at 9:59 pm

Poch does sit on his hands too much. We played in a predictable fashion, and you knew if Juventus went in front and got the scent of blood we’d average a chance every ten minutes. So it proved.

• Sniper March 7, 2018 at 9:59 pm

All down to their experience v Our experience…

• Al March 7, 2018 at 10:02 pm

By gum that’s lazy. But we’ll done for providing the exact get out Poch will use before he even has to bother.

• daytripper March 7, 2018 at 10:02 pm

… and their best defender on the pitch and our best defender injured. Neither of those goals occur if Toby is out there.

• SpursGoliath March 7, 2018 at 9:56 pm

The warining was there first leg, they attack with precision – we needed to respond accordingly. Also Alli is still afraid to shoot or take on a chance.

• Gus March 7, 2018 at 9:53 pm