Date: 9th November 2018 at 12:24pm
Written by:

It never rains but it pours leaks. 

While Daniel Levy was hosting a select few to sample the delights of the inner sanctums of the New Destination™, former Tottenham player and now club ambassador Paul Miller has let slip that the Soul Harvesting Device won’t be open until February.

Quote by The Sun, Miller said, “I’m sure it’s not a long way off. I’ve certainly been informed within the club that we’re looking at February as the start date.”

Clubs leak, it’s a fact.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this was sanctioned in order to diffuse the rage that will inevitably land upon the wee baldy fella’s head, when he has to provide us with an up date in the first week of December.

As ever, it is the wholesale absence of transparency that grates.

The ‘thank you for your patience and continued support’ line counts for less than nothing with ENIC, it’s meaningless double talk to fend off anyone getting too close to the truth.

Greater delay means a greater mountain to climb when repaying the banks, which inevitably means even more inertia in transfer markets. 

Ultimately, it also makes THFC a less inviting prospect for a buyout because the ‘potential’ for the next owner is already handicapped by the incompetence of the current parasites.

 
Comments
  • Aside from cerebrospinal fluid, what's on your mind?

  • wilboid November 9, 2018 at 10:58 pm

    I don’t care when it opens, just make sure you get rid of that bloody Star Wars music.
    Ta.

  • N17yido November 9, 2018 at 4:16 pm

    I recently met a buyer for a company I used to work for who bought a box at the nwhl. He wouldn’t mention the cluckers involved, but did tell me the company had been fully refunded and were told that March was the most likely opening date.
    This, in my mind, shows the utter contempt that ENIC have for season ticket holders. In effect ST holders have given ENIC an interest free loan, but it’s all on ENICs terms when they fancy giving it back.
    The PR from ENIC is an absolute disaster. Drip feeding videos and pictures of turf being laid, lines being painted, seats being installed, as they believe this is the communication the fans want. The pricing for Wembley has been nothing short of outrageous. Basically they’ve said thanks for the cash, we’ll give you a refund and make us pay top whack for tickets. All that tells me is we’re paying for THEIR mistakes. If they’re prepared to do that to us now, what will they want from us at renewals time next April?
    This also highlights how the football authorites don’t give a stuff about fans. If any other business, that answered to a governing body, treated their customers in this way they would step in. The Premier league and the FA should have the bottle to tell ENIC that the rest of the season is to be played at Wembley. Proof that fans don’t matter.

    • N17yido November 9, 2018 at 4:18 pm

      Cluckers should say cluckers

    • Harry Hotspur November 9, 2018 at 4:36 pm

      I’ve received a number of messages about precisely this, today.

      It’s extraordinary.

  • buckspur November 9, 2018 at 1:54 pm

    I would be astonished if there are not penalty clauses built into the contractors contract for late delays to work that they are contracted to do. Frustrating but what can THFC do if the contractors fail to do their jobs properly

    • Harry Hotspur November 9, 2018 at 2:05 pm

      There were no clauses as MACE and others refused to sign them.

  • Exile November 9, 2018 at 1:39 pm

    Levy’s plan to get a naming rights deal at 20 million per year appears guano down in flames. He decided on this number as it was reportedly what Man City were getting. Turns out according to the leaked emails that they were only paying about 9 million with the rest made up by Mansour.
    Whole project based on ludicrous rights deal and the not very likelihood of an NFL franchise.

  • BERNARD November 9, 2018 at 1:30 pm

    parasites. nice one H i can think of a more stronger one to call them

    • Harry Hotspur November 9, 2018 at 2:05 pm

      ☺️ snap!

  • PhilBealOG November 9, 2018 at 1:23 pm

    This is almost certainly a planned “leak”. It’s how companies drip feed bad news in order to gradually reset expectations. By the time any official announcement is made everyone will already be fearing the worst and preconditioned to further slippage. In the meantime every week that goes by makes opening day seem that little bit nearer while memories of a promised early season opening fade, along with any hopes of significant January reinforcements.

  • SpursGoliath November 9, 2018 at 1:08 pm

    Just in time for Valentines – don’t you just heart the way we’re being run

  • PlayitagainSamways November 9, 2018 at 1:00 pm

    We have already been given dispensation to play at more than 1 ground this season.

    I would just book Wembley for the temsinder of the season.

    Have 6 months of testing etc Then open proper next season

  • Eddie November 9, 2018 at 12:52 pm

    Before then I suspect the FA will step in and refuse to let Spurs use any stadium other than Wembley for the remainder of the season.There will be a lot of unhappy people around by then.It’s turned into an absolute PR disaster.Time for another mega bonus for Levy in June me thinks.

    • SpursGoliath November 9, 2018 at 1:11 pm

      Levy should be paid some sort of compensation for all the stress he’s endured no? See what the ‘wellbeing’ staff can rustle up in terms of a diagnosis